TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR USE OF SCHOL
St Michael's Grammar School provides 'SchoL' to support the learning, teaching and operational needs of the School and for communication between members of the School Community. Use of 'SchoL' by Staff and Students is governed by the School Responsible Use Policy which is deemed to be accepted at login time.
Regardless of your relationship with St Michael's Grammar School, 'SchoL' must only be used to support the learning, teaching and operational activities of St Michael's Grammar School. Take care when adding information to 'SchoL', in particular make sure that what you add is not offensive, threatening, defamatory, racist, discriminatory or illegal. Inappropriate use of 'SchoL' may result in the loss of access to learning.stmichaels for the person or people responsible.
Staff, Students and Parents are issued with unique account credentials for 'SchoL', these are used to determine which information is accessible to the account holder. Do not use someone else's account to access 'SchoL'. Any information that you add to 'SchoL' will be widely available to other 'SchoL' users unless you take steps to deliberately restrict access. For this reason it is best to assume that whatever you add is visible to all 'SchoL' users.
St Michael's Grammar School continuously monitors the use of 'SchoL' to ensure that use complies with the above guidelines. Any information that you contribute to 'SchoL' is identifiable to you along with the date and time of the contribution. Individual 'SchoL' pages may be inspected for compliance with the above guidelines at any time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
FOR USE OF THE ST MICHAEL'S WEBSITE & SERVICES
Access to the St Michael's website is subject to the following conditions:
1. You will provide correct information and keep it up to date.
3. You will keep information contained on this site about others in the St Michael's community confidential and not share the information with any other person, even with other members of the St Michael's community. However, if you are a member of St Michael's staff, it is recognised that, at times, you may share confidential information with internal and external parties (such as the Outdoor Education Group and government departments) to carry out your professional and legal responsibilities.
4. You will use contact details contained on this site to communicate with others in the St Michaels' community about St Michael's-related matters only, in a respectful and civil manner, at reasonable times.
5. You will not use personal information including contact details available from this site to:
a. harass, stalk, threaten, spam or unreasonably contact anyone in the St Michael's community;
b. distribute unsolicited advertising material, including commercial, religious or political material;
c. distribute defamatory, pornographic, discriminatory, offensive or illegal material, or material that breaches third party intellectual property rights.
6. Where you provide personal information relating to another person, you warrant that you have authority to do so.
7. If there is a shared parenting arrangement in place for your child, and you, or the other parent or guardian or carer disagree with any of the information provided you must notify us and we will deal with the disagreement in our discretion.
8. We may collect personal information (in the form of student names, and parent/guardian/carer names, emails, phone details and addresses) for the purpose of the St Michael's Community Directory. This information will be available to staff, parents/guardians/carers and other students unless you request that any or all of the information collected is not disclosed.
9. We are not responsible for ensuring the accuracy of information provided by other people, including other parents or guardians.
10. We are not responsible for any loss or damage resulting from our reliance on information provided by you through this website.
11. We are not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by you in reliance on information published on this website.
12. You must not use any robots, spiders or webcrawlers or similar devices with respect to this website. You must not bypass any security mechanisms imposed by this website.
13. We may change or abolish the Community Directory at any time.
14. You must safeguard your log-in name and password carefully. You must not disclose it to any other person and you must notify us immediately if your long-in name and password are misused or become disclosed so that we can provide you with different log-in details. You are responsible and liable for any other person using your log-in name and password, and these Terms & Conditions will apply to such use as if the use was made by you.
15. We may change these terms and conditions at any time, and require you to agree to be bound by the changed terms and conditions before you can continue to use the Community Directory.
16. We may suspend your access to the Community Directory if we suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions, prior to us investigating the matter fully.
17. We may suspend or terminate your access to the Community Directory if we believe that you have breached these terms and conditions.
18. Use of this website and all of our legal notices will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Victoria, Australia and you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of that State.
What personal information do we collect from the people that download an app developed by Digistorm?
When downloading an app developed by Digistorm, you may be required to give the app access to personal or sensitive information, included but not limited to your mobile phone camera, microphone, account, contacts, phone, calendar, data storage and sensitive device data.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, open a support ticket, request a demo, enter information on our site or download an app developed by Digistorm.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, browse the website, download an app developed by Digistorm or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services
- To follow up with you after correspondence (demo request, form completion, live chat, email or phone inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards. We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers. We do not use Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
User data collected through apps developed by Digistorm is securely transmitted using modern cryptography (over HTTPS).